Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Surving Day 1

I went to bed last night already knowing that I would be waking up today and today would be the day.  Today when my feet hit the floor I was already focused and thinking about how I was determined to make a few simple changes today that would get me on the path that I want to take.  Today's goal was to eat as healthy as I could all day.  No more Diet Pepsi, no chips, no nasty sugary crap, and no over stuffing myself cause it just feels good to keep eating.  I achieved the goal today. 

My morning started out with a black cup of coffee.  That isn't any change from what I do pretty much every day anyway.  I used to be one who drank what my husband called "candy coffee" with lots of flavorings and sugar but during one of my last attempts at losing weight and getting healthy I made myself learn that change....and hey, one good thing that stuck! 

I tend to do fairly well with doing pretty much low-carb eating.  I don't do well with actually counting calories.  Measuring portions just isn't my thing either.  I will consider changing this some once I get myself more comfortable with the changes in what I actually eat.  Can't do all the steps at once.  Or at least I can't. 
My mid morning breakfast/brunch consisted of 5 sausage links and 2 fried eggs.  Good low carb basic stand by's. 






I got really hungry in the afternoon but just cause of stupid things around the house I was doing I ignored that.  Skipping eating when my body is saying "hey feed me " isn't a smart choice.  I did eat a gluten free apple cinnamon rice cake with maybe about a tablespoon of peanut butter on it as I was finishing up our dinner meal.  I was too hungry.  That was a mistake.  The only good thing is that I did pick a healthy choice.  I didn't reach for the open bags of chips in the cupboard.  So over all, okay, I will learn and not do that again tomorrow. 





Dinner tonight was from something that I saw shared yesterday on Facebook by a friend.  In my crockpot  all day I had 4 chicken breasts cooking in BBQ sauce and Orange Marmalade.  Buttercup squash and a pickle slice was served with it.  I had one breast of the chicken, 1 pickle slice, and I would say a little over a cup of the squash.  Few negatives...certainly there is sugar in the marmalade and the BBQ sauce....BUT if I look at what other choices I could have made, hek if i look at the choices I made just the night before, this was a much better option tonight.  I didn't have seconds.  I ate slowly.  I enjoyed the variety in the flavors.  The chicken was really a nice sweet flavor and then send down a bite of pickle...wooohoooo....taste buds were alive!  I use "I can't believe it's not butter" so that was on my squash.  Not tons, but some. 

I have drank only water all day.  The cup I am using is a big, maybe 32 oz, plastic covered container.  I have infused the water with lemon slices.  I believe I am on my 4th fill up :)  That makes me very happy!  Today has been successful with reaching a few simple goals.  I can do this.  I can do this one day at a time.  Today, day 1 was good. 

Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment