Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Have To Start Somewhere

It seems like such an old over used cliche to say "you have to start somewhere", but it is so true.  Today I am starting.  Today I am starting again.  Today I am starting to work again at getting comfortable in my own shoes.  I want to be comfortable in all of my shoes.  My flips flops at the beach, my high heels at a dinner party, and my slippers snuggled up on the couch at home. 

I invite you along with me as I start again and as I work towards my goal.  Here is where I want to share what has got me to this point and share what is getting me beyond it.   I don't want to talk about one subject.  I don't want to share just about one area of interest.  I don't want to limit what can be posted.  I want this to be all of me.  I want this to cover my journey in getting comfortable with my health, my spiritual beliefs, my past as well as my future, and my relationship with family and friends. 

The first thing I need to focus on is my health so that will for sure be at the fore front as I begin this journey.  Eating clean compared to eating dirty is something I need to make happen.  Food has always been way more than just energy for me.  It has been a way out, a level of comfort when times are bad, and even a tool to use when things are good.  Never ending cycle of bad choices and then trying again is what I am trying to break.  Food is something that I use as a crutch to aid in my self-hatred I have.  I need to admit, so here it goes;  I know that I dislike myself enough that I use that as why I don't improve myself.  In my mind I deserve to be fat,  I deserve to be unhealthy, and I damn sure deserve to be unhappy.   So this journey comes with more than just waking up and not eating any processed food for a day.  This journey needs to come with full disclosure, full forgiveness, and the full ability to let myself be the best that I can be.  No more holding back.  Follow me, or even better, join me. 

I want to be comfortable in my own shoes again. 

Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment